Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The next dot-com millionaires will be mashup artists.

I believe the next people to become wealthy in the new information age will be those who can master the art of what has been called web 2.0. To me it is better known as a mashup.
I have been working on websites for some years and have tried different ways of marketing much to no avail. But now things are starting to work. Much of it is through hard work and focus on goals. I have it in my mind that I wish to become independently wealthy and have started doing things differently. What I wish to describe to you. For no cost whatever as I feel the world wide web should become a very large mashup so the more people that jump on board the better.
You see, if you are building a website and you want the main category or niche to be marketed, you must mash up. Back links are key to this. For a long time I wanted to make an ezine that had many different sources and I am still not finished but my particular keyword is Banff. If you focus on that word. Or a brand. Or a particular product, you need as many backlinks to your product as you can muster. See my Banffxxx.comI have linked to another server that hosts my site and makes that site easy to build. That site is my Banff Area Guide. That site has a fairly extensive list of sites in attracts. Yours can be whatever you like but you must first pick a keyword. Or topic at least, and grow around it.
I felt that by further providing backlinks through google maps. As you can see my maps on the area guide, it further links back to parts of the website.
Then, I wrote a blog called how to become a millionaire, which is part of the blog you are reading. You will notice that I have created backlinks on this blog linking back to other pages and other blogs. By mentioning through my blogs the word Banff, being carefull not to do it too too frequently, google will rank your pages for that keyword higher. I have include google adsense to monetize the pages, and I am constantly finding ways to mashup(you get the idea by now), my pages.
I plan on utilizing other search engines and possibly yahoo's map pages. I still need to add more links and you will notice that I make commisions off of hotels in Banff if people book through my site.
I also use social networking tools. This part will become one of the most important tools as I can add links to Twitter and Facebook(making more mashup). I also have a personal blog and I describe in it my personal travels and experience and you may notice, again, using the word Banff since that is where I was when I started. As I travel, I think I can continue this process and move around generating wealth, while teaching others to become financially free.
If you don't get the mashup idea yet. Notice that I have provided links in this article to all my pages, creating yet another back link page. The only difficulty I have in a lot of the mashup is you will encounter other site writers that are trying to do the same thing with the same topics. That is where the fun is though. Do you lean to one topic or the other? I do believe this will also funnel people into your websites, seeking different types of information and if you can provide enough interesting information and keep people on your pages for longer, you stand a chance of generating more income and more marketing appeal.
Ideally in an ideal world, people should be more open to retweeting as its called. On your social networking site, if you have someone who is trying to spread their message and at least if you agree with the message and want to help the mashup process, you should retweet followers links and spread wealth creation and expertise as far as possible, if you then achieve the what is called "the Viral effect". More and more people sharing your story, blog, website, or product. So please, if you like this Share using the button above. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment